Eco tec pro 28 only hot water on low flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, can I get any advice as I'm abit stumped, customer has Eco tec pro 28

I initially thought the plate heat exchanger at fault but my client is a friend and doesn't have a lot of money,so rather than throw parts at it, what else could cause it? I've had the head off the diverter valve and is working fine, the heat exchangers cold on full flow, so some how no hot is being pumped through, central heating is working fine tho Any answers greatly apresiated as shad young family and no hot water

Sponsored Links
May we ask you on what basis you are attending for this customer?

What other checks have you made?

For example what is the CO2 reading?

Tony

Hi agile, I'm gas safe registered, Oftec oil registered heating engineer. I tried to upload my licence and registration details.

As I say I need some advice I'm normally pretty good at diagnosis but she has little money as a hairdresser

Re the co reading I haven't put my analiser on it yet as just thought plate heat exchanger but I saw on here that is not always the case, stupid council kitchen fitters boxed it in so tight I had to cut the wood surrounding it just to take the cover off!

Any advice on other possibilities?

In the combustion area I meant to add on this forum

Sponsored Links
You need to post this question in the CC part of the site as we are not allowed to give advice on gas matters here.

Plates are diagnosed by temperature measurements.

Apparent low power input by gas measurements.

Tony

ok thanks tony,ill try and get in there,my details are saved as well,ill have another go.

In the meantime measure all four temps on the plate when running the specified flow rate.

Can be caused by weak or blocked pump.

Tony

thanks tony,im trying to start a new conversation in cc i added you but said i cant carry on conversation with you there?

central heatings working fine tho

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back