Ecobee Wifi Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Tired of waiting for this unit to be officially released over here, I thought I might buy it from the states direct.

Before I do so, can anyone advise whether the unit will work over here? And with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24?

I'd need new power adaptors of course, but are the connections to the boiler standard?

Ecobee installation manual is here:
http://www.ecobee.com/public/etc/fil...0-08-09BW1.pdf

Boiler installation manual here:
http://www.vaillant.co.uk/stepone2/d..._servicing.pdf

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Tom

Sponsored Links
I've been looking for programmable thermostats that I can control over the internet or by mobile phone for my 3 holiday let apartments.

The Ecobee looks great. Shame they're not yet available in the UK. :cry:

Looks a bit pricy though.

Well if it works, It might be worth the import, I'll post an update...

I have no thermostat at all at the moment, so I'm just constantly manually adjusting. I figure that due to my own and my partner's movements to and from the house, the the amount of energy saved over the years will be more than make up for it.

A poster over at ukplumbersforums seems to think it'll work.

Tom

We have not officially exported to Europe yet however we are currently reviewing our international strategy. We have updated our product so that it does not require the power adaptor, instead it will be powered from the 24VAC transformer from the HVAC system. Does anyone have any suggestions for distribution partners in Europe?

Sponsored Links
We have not officially exported to Europe yet however we are currently reviewing our international strategy. We have updated our product so that it does not require the power adaptor, instead it will be powered from the 24VAC transformer from the HVAC system. Does anyone have any suggestions for distribution partners in Europe?

The most obvious one would be Plumb Center which is owned by Wolseley, they also own Climate center...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back