Madness having no room thermostat?!?

Sponsored Links
A room stat is supposed to go in the central position of the house, normally the hall, coldest room in the house!! So you would fit it in the utility room then!! :LOL: ;)

My neighbours still had a real outhouse London style until last year; bog in what looked like to have been the coal storage 100 years ago. I wonder if that would qualify as part of the house.

Sponsored Links
From the brochure, there are various options. Are any of these fitted?

• Advanced timing control
This function offers different settings for groups of days
of the week and three switching periods per day.
Summer and winter settings, holiday mode, hot water
advance and temporary override options all further help to
optimise boiler use, maximise your home comfort and reduce
energy consumption.
• Weather compensation
Outside sensors measure temperature changes and
adjust the boiler performance to maintain the desired
inside temperature, allowing your boiler to operate with
maximum efficiency.
• Load compensation
Reduces the temperature of hot water going to radiators
as the target room temperature is approached, cutting
back energy consumption.

It would be hard to justify Weather Comp in a small Flat bit over the top!
However a Room stat or Boiler Interlock -to prevent the boiler firing when there is n demand for heat is a LEGAL REQUIREMENT under Blg regs part L1 and has been for quite a few years now so it seems there is something not quite right about this install - what does the blue "Benchmark" book say -it should be fully completed by the installer with confirmation that the controls meet the minimum requirements - it is my guess that this book will be nowhere to be found!! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back