Ecomax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello , I have an ecomax824 2e. I had to replace a burst pipe , so have just refilled with water , turned on burner , heating works fine but the water only stays hand warm and the heat knob is at full power . Any ideas before I call for help , also sometimes the water goes cold , I then need to press reset button to get it going again , it works fine first time but go back 10 mins later and it's cold again but the flame symbol is showing on the screen , thanks for any help .

Sponsored Links
sounds like you may have altered the DHW flow rate when you turned the water back on again, get something you know the volume of and fill it from a hot tap and time it to see how long it takes to fill, i.e say it holds 10L and takes 1 min to fill then your flow rate is 10L/min for your boiler you should be looking for a flow rate around about 10L per min cant remember the exact flow rate for your boiler or slow the rate down at the tap and see if it stays hot that will tell you if its a boiler fault or not

Sponsored Links
yeah , if i slow tap down it goes red hot , so water is going through boiler too quick , can i reduce flow myself or would i need to call in a pro , cheers for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back