Vaillant ecotec plus & Digistat RF+ NO HEATING!? HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have a Vaillant Ecotec PLus & a Digistat RF+ wirelss thermostat.
I don't know much about how they work but downloaded then manuals to try to help myself.

I have hot water fine but the radiators won't heat and there is no radiator symbol on the boiler screen.

The radiaotoar ARE on at the source
The radiators knob on the boiler IS set to on
The knob IS turned to a hot setting
I HAVE replaced the thermostat batteries
I HAVE set the requiremd room temp to a higher setting to make sure it should call for heat
The current room temp IS lower than the temp I'm calling for
The green light in the receiver IS on
There IS a flame symbol on the thermostat screen
The pressure gauge IS in the dark grey

I don't know much about boilers or thermostats but I'm stuck, cold and my poor 9 week old baby is cold so if anyone could help I'd be very gratfeul.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Withuot the radiator symbol showing, it sounds like there is no call from the reciever. You can confirm this by pressing the i button. S.30 will show. If S.31, the control knob is likely broken in the off position.

If this is the case, and you are up to it, a link can be put between connection 3 & 4 (on the pcb) to give you heating until you can get a new digistat. Power MUST be turned off at the fused spur/plug when this is done, as it is a 240v connection.

Withuot the radiator symbol showing, it sounds like there is no call from the reciever. You can confirm this by pressing the i button. S.30 will show. If S.31, the control knob is likely broken in the off position.

If this is the case, and you are up to it, a link can be put between connection 3 & 4 (on the pcb) to give you heating until you can get a new digistat. Power MUST be turned off at the fused spur/plug when this is done, as it is a 240v connection.

Thanks, when I press 'i' button I get S.30. Does that mean there IS a signal?

Yes I'm afraid the reciever is shot. :(

The link between 3 & 4 will give you heating again, You can then control the CH with the knob on the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Yes I'm afraid the reciever is shot. :(

The link between 3 & 4 will give you heating again, You can then control the CH with the knob on the boiler.

is PCB a circuit board? I'm SO not up to that job. I'm best calling the housing association and giving it a good cry to get them out,.

Thanks a lot mate for the help. at least I'm not driving myself mad thinking I'm a ****** anymore!

Have you tried pressing "override" on the reciever, it might give you heating while the problem is sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back