Economy 7 boost tripping problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an economy 7 system. The boost element blew last year and was replaced. The replacement has a trip system and tripped every time it was used. I replaced it with another one from B&Q and the same thing happens. The boost element generally trips before it heats up properly and irrespective of the temperature it's set at. It's unlikely to be a faulty element as its been replaced once so already I'm at a loss to understand what's happening.

Any help gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
What exactly is tripping? The MCB? The RCD? A fuse in an FCU? What is this 'trip system' you talk about?

No-one can help unless you explain what is doing what. More details are needed because unfortunately I misplaced my crystal ball last night after a few too many pints...

Ooooh, guess who's going to get married in August 2015.....

Wasn't me, guv, honest!!

Sponsored Links
the thermostat has a cut out mechanism housed next to the temperature setting. This pops out and has to be pressed back in to reset it. This is what is tripping.

Hope that makes it clearer.

Ugh sorry typo - before i get any more smart ass comments (!) - I didn't nean thermostat I meant head of the element.

Economy 7 is cheap rate electricity. Is your question in relation to an immersion heater, storage heater or what? The item with a blown element could be of any manufacture or type.
A properly presented question will be answered here. If a question is too vague we will just take the ****

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back