economy 7 circuits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a storage heater in the bedroom that works fine on night time electricity.
Today installed a 2nd heater in the hallway and connected it up to a 13amp fused switch that was already installed but connected to nothing. I assume it was for a storage heater that was removed before i bought the property.
I also changed a switch on a 3rd storage heater on the landing, this switch had a dial that controlled the charge instead of the dial on the heater. Changed it to a 13 amp fused switch. This worked at night the last time i used it but havent used it due to blue flashes in the swith when swithching, hence now replaced.

Now the problem is all my heaters are on, and its not after midnight. Have i missed something so obvious.

Sponsored Links
My guess is that the points you have connected the heaters to are on the normal (24 hour) supply and not on the off peak supply.

PS You will get flashes if you turn large loads on and off.

Thanks for the reply, but how would that explain the bedroom heater that was working on off peak supply before the new heaters added. From my understanding it should be on its own circuit. have 2 fuse boxes, i assume one controls the off peak supply

Sponsored Links
also changed a switch on a 3rd storage heater on the landing, this switch had a dial that controlled the charge instead of the dial on the heater. Changed it to a 13 amp fused switch. This worked at night the last time i used it

Not sure I know what that was, but maybe you have joined some wires together that you shouldn't have.

i.e a 24hr supply and a timed supply.

Photos of the old unit and wires behind would help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back