Economy 7 Heater not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently moved into a bungalow that has 3 storage heaters, one in the lounge, hall and Kitchen.

At midnight all 3 lights on the sockets light up (picture in album) but only 2 of the heaters heat up.

The one in the Kitchen does not heat up, it worked the first night I was here.

I have checked the consumer unit and nothing has tripped out.

Is there anything I can check?

Sponsored Links
They can overheat and trip out, often as a result of them being covered with something.

If you give details of the make and model, someone here may be able to advise how you can check if they are familiar with that particular heater, otherwise a quick internet search under

user manual for storage heater ....XYZ

will quite likely give you the answer you are looking for.

Thank-you for the replies.

It is a Dimplex XMS724N

There is also another number, not sure if it is relevant. 000649

Sponsored Links
I seem to remember that the reset button is in the top right hand corner of the heater. The drawing below isn't clear, but somewhere near position 2. The top cover will have to be removed to get to it. You will see a small button which if it has tripped, will click when pressed.

Really? The tiny red unit will rock up and down but will not slide or pull off, it is attached to the white block.

Looking at the top view I can see what looks like a contact, I am fairly sure I have reset one before by pushing it down

Are you talking about looking from the top view of the red unit?
If so do you mean to the right of the screw on the red unit?

1391541201.jpg

Well I pushed it, poked it, prodded it to no avail.
The misses wants the cover back on now as it's been off a day and half.

Thanks anyway.

I may get an Electrician out when I get some funds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back