Economy 7 hours wrong, how to tell time on Horstmann timeswitch?

Sponsored Links
I believe the item in your picture is a smart meter. I may be wrong though.

I’ll have to look at the model number tomorrow and investigate, it wasn’t mentioned when it was fitted about 15 years ago. Certainly didn’t come with the monitor….

Varnish marsh you should plug your heaters into the sockets that are on7 hours a day.

Job done
If the water heater has many on off periods adjust it.

Sponsored Links
Current time is nearly 17:00

that metal pointer at the bottom.

Post a pic or your fuses boxes, and we can tell you it’s easy to make the socket 24 hr

Photo is blurred, but I think am seeing the pointer close to 24:00 midnight - pointer seems to be near the red square. OP cannot change that, it's the boards property.

The pointer by the red square is the E7 on point.
And at 7am the off point of the timer. typical E7 hours.

Just the clocks wrong due to power cuts.

Well everyday is a school day, you were spot on @SUNRAY - it is the meter you’ve linked to, actually installed December 2012 so I guess it’s a SMETS1 type. It was a replacement for an electromechanical meter with a faulty teleswitch. It’s not so smart though as the programmed time is an hour forward of real-time. Apart from the fact it’s smets1 do you think there’s any reason why this wouldn’t work as a smart meter if I informed my supplier that I do in fact have one?

OP - Can you take a close up photo of the clock, which is in proper focus please?
As previously mentioned by AndyPRK I too think this is the current time (red) indicator
F9FFE1F8-75B1-4601-8CAB-14C6DBBF178E.jpeg

looks to be close to 4.30pm which works with the OP’s socket going live @ 7.30pm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back