Economy 7 Storage heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, anyone had experience of storage heaters not actually heating up? The light on the switch comes on as usual at night but no matter what setting I use High-Med-Low nothing is stored in this unit. I've opened up the socket electric's all looks ok. Opened up the unit and all looks connected but as I know nothing about Storage heaters I don't know what actually fails with them. Doesn't look to be a fuse? Does anyone know what are the common faults with these (so called maintenancefree :( SH units ). I have to use them as I've no other input ( gas ) into the flat. Any help advice very appreciated. Thank you

Sponsored Links
thermal link somewhere may have melted, after years not being maintained :LOL: . Should be visible when you take the cover off, probably on top of the heater. Look for a bit of lead melted on top of the heater.

sometimes the thermal protection is in the form of a resettable cut out, look for a small button usually near the thermostat, and press it, power off of course!

Sponsored Links
johndevlin said:
Many thanks, I'll have a cautious look for what's been advised :LOL:
3 days without heat? bet your glad the sun's shining today! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back