Economy 7 supply cable advice required

Right, i contacted two futher electricians, both said that in order to tell me all my sockets are switched over to economy 7 They will need to inspect the property and take a look at the meter. What would they be looking for?
Exactly. As I said before, although they seemed adamant in their answer, I very much doubt whether your supplier would know, for sure, whether your whole installation or only the storage heaters is currently benefiting from the cheap night rate. As I said, that depends upon how the installation is wired - and that is what a competent electrician would be looking at in order to advise you.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Just send them the first of the photos that you posted here.
If they can't tell from that that it works as required, cross them off your list!

Just send them the first of the photos that you posted here. If they can't tell from that that it works as required, cross them off your list!
Indeed. In fact, I think it should probably be enough for the OP to just tell them that he has just one, dual tariff, meter.

Kind Regards, John

If it's a single meter with two sets of readings, the whole install will be cheap rate at night.

Sponsored Links
Why do you feel the need to always play "I said it first?"
I don't in general (that was BAS!) - but, on this occasion, I could equally ask why you felt the need to post a message immediately after mine which had said exactly the same thing :)

Kind Regards, John

Well, you do.

We are allowed to confirm that suggestions are correct.

OPs will be more confident having several posters saying the same thing.

Well, you do. We are allowed to confirm that suggestions are correct. OPs will be more confident having several posters saying the same thing.
I agree entirely, but I think it would be better, and less potentially confusing for OPs, if subsequent posters indicated that they were confirming what someone else had posted (e.g. "I agree with X"). When, as has recently happened, a post says essentially the same as an immediately preceding one, but using slightly different wording and making no reference to the previous post, an OP could think that the second post was saying something different.

You and I (and others) often post "I agree" (or "I agree, and ..." or "I agree, but...") messages, but I don't think that either of us deliberately just writes an effective repeat of what has already been posted, with no indication that it is a 'confirmation/agreement', rather than 'something new/different'.

Kind Regards, John

I said it before all of you. Did anyone post "I agree"?
No, not in so many words, I admit. However, in my post in response to yours, I did imply that separate meters suggested a storage-heaters-only cheap rate, whereas a single dual-rate meter, such as the one whose picture led you to make your comment, indicates a 'whole-installation' cheap-rate.

Kind Regards, John

Thank you everyone for your advice. I feel extremely confident about moviing forward now. Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back