Ecotec (630) DHW pump speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an unvented Vaillant ecotec 630 system boiler with a Gledhill 200 litre slim tank on the first floor and the boiler in the utility room on ground floor.

Can anyone advise why pump speed (d.019) 2 would be used over speed 1 & what setting would be best for minimum gas usage?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
11 rads thanks but was asking about the Domestic Hot Water pump speed. I guess i wasn't clear enough.

As the manual states "access to the second diagnostic level must be used exclusively by a qualified technician".....
Are you a qualified technician???

Sponsored Links
is anyone able to answer my question or are people just going to ask me questions that have no relation to the question i asked?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...my question is very much related to your question....
So , are you qualified in order to change settings in 2nd level diagnostics??? Yes or no??

what second level diagnostics?
i'm not making changes

i asked:

Can anyone advise why pump speed (d.019) 2 would be used over speed 1 & what setting would be best for minimum gas usage?

what part of my question refers to making changes?

to be very clear i'm asking why pump speed 2 would be used over pump speed 1
and
what the setting for minimum gas usage would be.

@picasso
i fail to understand how my attitude can be considered worse than yours or Steelmasons, i asked what any and everyone must see is a reasonable question (except you 2 i guess). I have not mentioned anything about making changes to anything.

7 replies from forum regulars with thousands of messages and thanks each yet no closer to an answer.

If this is how you help strangers on a help forum, what service do your customers get?

@Steelmasons
if i get a sensible explanation i'd reply with a thanks & a i hope this helps someone coming across this thread.

is anyone able to answer my question or are people just going to ask me questions that have no relation to the question i asked?

This does not exactly help when asking for help/information.

As the manual states "access to the second diagnostic level must be used exclusively by a qualified technician".....
Are you a qualified technician???

You not got any rads attached to the boiler ?

neither do the above.

if you don't know the answer either say what you do know and then add your warnings or add the warning and say what you know.

the worse thing is when you don't know and then try and act like a big man trying to slap someone down for asking a question and then don't even bother addressing the question.

I'm hopeful that someone that does know the answer will reply.

my manual doesn't mention a second diagnostics level, i've not referred to a second diagnostics menu. You are referring to something that does not correlate to the information i have and therefore the original question i asked.

If the manual doesn't state 2nd level diagnosticsl then how did you happen to stumble across d.019??...

@hertsboilers
there's a bit of jostling and a bit of a baiting going on here

i have acknowledged the fact that @picasso & @Steelmasons have had thousands of posts and thousands of thanks above. I do assume they have helped many, just not getting any help here.

Do you think there is some magic switch in the boiler that knows the difference between heating the rads and heating the cylinder ? there is only one pump in the boiler so why call it the pump for domestic hot water ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back