Ecotec (630) DHW pump speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think there is some magic switch in the boiler that knows the difference between heating the rads and heating the cylinder ? there is only one pump in the boiler so why call it the pump for domestic hot water ?

Because there is a setting with CH as auto and DHW as 1 or 2.

1 pump and several settings depending on which mode the system is in.

CH auto
DHW 1 or 2

Sponsored Links
Capture.JPG

The OP is referring to the MK2 EcoTEC which doesn't mention 2nd level diagnostics (just realised)....although he is looking @ the "installation and maintenance instructions" which clearly states in large font "FOR THE COMPETENT PERSON".....:censored:

Sponsored Links
@hertsboilers
my manual doesn't have a d.097

@Steelmasons
Next you'll be asking about changing default setting in d.131 from normal to xxxxx....:confused::ROFLMAO:
my manual doesn't have a d.131

How does the boiler know which mode its in ?
If the hot water cylinder temp is below the required and the programer permits it then the boiler decides to heat the cylinder instead of heating the rads and obeys the settings in d.019.

Ok what controls the hot water thermistor or cylinder stat and 2 port valve ?

Ok what controls the hot water thermistor or cylinder stat and 2 port valve ?

vr66 & Vsmart controller

so none of you can answer my question, 3 pages of nonsense and still not an answer.

as a reminder

Can anyone advise why pump speed (d.019) 2 would be used over speed 1 & what setting would be best for minimum gas usage?

I cant answer your question directly as I am not quite sure what your asking, it costs what it costs to heat your hot water cylinder, changing the pump setting wont make any difference, your boiler modulates to regulate the heat output to the system requirements.

The 2 is better than 1, as the pump speed for heating is proportional to the heating output.

There is almost no difference on gas consumption.

Resistance through heat ex on the 30 kW is considerable... I guess I'd be opting for the high circulator setting considering this system utilises hot water priority...
I would hazard a guess the system in question utilises an additional circulator along with an additional expansion vessel???? If not then I envisage trouble ahead....:censored:;)
I do hope the OP won't confuse opinions with abuse and bullying.

Thank you, i hope this helps someone else coming upon this thread in future.

i had assumed there may be some difference in the time taken to heat the water, 2 sounding like it would be quicker than 1, but perhaps 1 sucking more heat out with much lower return temps and permitting the boiler to condense for longer and perhaps then more efficient & potentially quicker?

if it makes anyone feel better no one i've asked over the years has been able to come up with a sensible answer as to why 1 setting should be used over another, including Vaillant. I had hoped the collective wisdom here would have a preference but i guess every one leaves it as defaults for customers.

Reducing tank heat time and improving efficiency are obviously desirable and something you may tune on your home systems but perhaps not bother for customers due to potential issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back