Ecotec 831Plus + timeSwitch 140 + VRT 50 cant set temp low?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First time poster here....
Apologies if this has been answered before - did a search and could not find anything...

Ecotec 831Plus + timeSwitch 140 + VRT 50

Have the above combi boiler, control and room thermostat installed just over a month ago. But on the thermostat I cant seem to set the desired temp to below 24c - so I keep having to turn the main temp control on the boiler itself.

EDIT:
Is ok - there is an installer option on the thermostat control - allows you to set lower minimum temp.
Sorted.

Many thanks in advance for any help :)

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have the same boiler/controls and have discovered the controls are incompatible - the timeswitch 140 and vrt 50 are both ebus devices (even though the 140 plugs straight into the boiler) and will 'fight' each other.

I discovered this after a few days when the room temperature was below the setting on the vrt 50 (and thus calling for heat) but the timeswitch was off.

The boiler would see the thermostat calling for heat, turn the pump on, then query the timeswitch and find it should be off. The pump would then shut down. This led to the pump constantly cycling on and off.

You should try this before your pump gives out ! I am now faced with replacing either of the controls with an analogue version or replacing both with a vrt 360.

Cheers.

Kevin.

Yeah I discovered the incompatibility after I reported cycling pump as a fault to Valliant.
They sent an engineer 3 times who could not fix it, then they sent a master enginer or someone and he explained the incomaptibilty.
I ordered a VRt 30 - analogue thermostat and was planning to replace the vrt50 - but it seems the VRT30 needs 3 wires and the plumber has only connected up 2 for the VRT50 so we are currently using the party function to turn the boiler on and off as the house warms up and cools down!!!

why don't you remove the 140 and replace the vrt50 tstat with a vrt360? it only requires 2 wires to connect to boiler with ebus.

Sponsored Links
VRT 360f no wires at all. But it is a big of a pig to understand! (as is the VRT360)

Can't believe the Vaillant engineers missed this 3 times :eek:

You could just put in a timeswitch 130 and keep the VR50.

Never had a problem setting or using the VRT360 :confused:

If you Google the vrt 360 manual you'll see its a lot like the timeswitch 140 - not particularly easy or intuitive to use, but OK if you keep the manual handy !

It amazes me that manufacturers dont spend a little more time testing user interfaces out with real people :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back