Eddys

Pretty much. But, and excuse the pun, but I'd bank on there being loads off to the left, I'm sure of it. Otherwise, why go to the trouble of designing it that way?
Yes, you may well be right. I've seen both of those methods used in individual 2-way switching circuits (i.e. either L or N travelling with the strappers) - but, as you imply, to use different methods for two 'related' lights/switches would seem to suggest that it was done for a reason.
But even if there were loads to the left, there wouldn't be eddy probs (excuse another pun) as long as the two 3 cores run through the same knockouts.
That's clearly true.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Yes, you may well be right. I've seen both of those methods used in individual 2-way switching circuits (i.e. either L or N travelling with the strappers) - but, as you imply, to use different methods for two 'related' lights/switches would seem to suggest that it was done for a reason.
That's clearly true.

Kind Regards, John
I don't see 2 different methods. As I see it there is a 2W circuit switching the live, operating a lamp(s) and another similarly described circuit. The fact that one has the load near the supply and the other has the load at the distant end dictates where the live and neutral run. If they had been swapped into the opposite cable then the cable would not be balanced but as soon as any additional load is placed on the left end they will not be balanced anyway.

Chances are if this is in an industrial setting, a circuit like this will be the least of their worries.

I don't see 2 different methods. As I see it there is a 2W circuit switching the live, operating a lamp(s) and another similarly described circuit.
Yes, they are exactly the same, switching-wise, the only difference being whether the L or N accompanies the strappers in a 3C cable.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back