Edging for paths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally getting round to laying the path.... Bit unsure about what to use for the edging where the slabs will be higher than the areas adjacent.

View media item 83987for this edging I thought maybe another couple of sleepers to help retain the material and slabs?

View media item 83986
On the left hand edge against the grass I was thinking of cementing some blocks in and then running them smothy to the rockery stones further down.

Anyone got any advice with this?

Sponsored Links
Surely you need steps on that slope? A path will be lethal in the winter.

The bottom area needs clearing so that the gate can swing open fully and that you have room for a couple of people and mebbe a pushchair etc.

Sorry I wasn't clear again...

I have ordered 60 slabs and yes we will be putting slabs and steps in :) the reason I wanted to get the edging right is to contain the slabs, mortar bed and sub base.

The area at the bottom is clear... The gate swings parrellel to the path. There will be an extended area on the left as you come through the gate for pushchair/more people.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back