Edging to Block-Paved Driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My block-paved driveway is now 20-odd years old and is edged with 150 x 50mm plain concrete edging units placed vertically and substantially haunched with mass concrete on the outside face. This has left barely enough soil depth for a layer of turf with the result that in the increasingly dry weather we now have, the edge of the lawn turns brown very quickly. I am about to have the lawn re-turfed and in the process would like to address this issue.

My contractor is suggesting that it is possible to use edge block which could be "glued" in place (ie no haunching) to enable a sufficient soil depth. I have never heard of this process and can't find any reference to it online. Is he pulling my leg or is this a viable option?

Grateful for any comments, the work wont take place until next Feb/March anyway.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back