Edpm roof with plywood upstand against pebbledash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building a lean to shed and planning on installing an edpm roof. The roof leans onto a pebbledash wall and I've been a bit concerned that the contact adhesive won't be strong enough for the upstand on that surface, so rather than chase out all the pebbledash another option I was thinking of is to attach a thin ply upstand to the wall, glueing the rubber to that, then chasing the flashing in right above it.

Seems sensible to me but I haven't seen this mentioned or suggested anywhere so not sure if there's a reason for that. Does this method get used in practice at all?

Sponsored Links
Trying to bond anything to pebbledash would be like trying to push a wet noodle so fixing a plywood bearer is a good way of doing it and either chase the preformed angle it into the wall at the top or stop it flush with the ply and set in leadwork to lap down the vertical.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back