Rubber roof over Flashband

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've put a wooden roof on a room/building that joins a house wall. The room is 2.4.m high and onto a semi-detached house (i.e the roof butts up to the wall at 90 degrees) and due to a variation in the house wall i've found a 1cm gap between the room roof and the house wall. I'm not massively concerned about this as i'm planning on putting a rubber roof on and so that will have a plastic flashing fixed into a mortar rebate/channel when i put that on and so i've silicon sealed along the 1cm gap anyway but as it's going to be a couple of weeks until i get the rubber roof i'm slightly concerned about bad weather (which is due to us) in the interim so i didn't know if it would be better to either get a length of flashing and then then chase out the mortar and fit it so that the bottom of the vertical bit that touches the top of the roof onto a tarpaulin until i get the rubber roof OR put a flashband on there for the time being which i "think" i prefer but then wondered about being able to glue the rubber roof on top of it (which would be nice as a double protection, so a flashband and then a flashing over the top of that) or would i have to remove the flashband first (as there was one on there on the conservatory this room is replacing and it was a nasty affair getting that off)
Hope that makes sense but any ideas/advice would be great
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back