Lead flashing under pebbledash for consevatory roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am erecting a upvc conservatory with a georgan roof style. The house walls are good quality pebble dash which I am chasing back to blockwork to fix upvc frames to. If I am chasing back for the roof plates then re-render/pebbledash do I need lead flashing under the pebble dash and onto the frame. My thinking is that making good with pebbledash up to the roof plate, the water will not be able to seep behind the roof plate as it will be covered in render/pebbledash. Hope this makes sense. Cheers

Sponsored Links
i would not do it this way to be honest. i would cut back the render to allow for a new lead flashing covering the edge of the conservatory line and 150mm upstand. the render should not idealy cover the leadwork. the lead will move and crack the render over time. it would look neater with a nice straight cut line and lead sealed.

Many thanks for the advice which is quite correct.
I am now unsure about chasing out all the pebbledash as the the wall plates are 'gable' with a gutters running adjacent to the wall( both sides) so it means i have to also chase out pd to allow for the gutter surrounding the conservatory to fit against the wall, this means exposing more blockwork to the elements. I am now considering just flatening the pb as much as possible on the side walls and using Lead flashing on the roof section.
Has any body also had this issue.

regards

Sponsored Links
I used a timber fillet screwed just above roof line , lead from behind it down over timber onto roof, sealed back against dashing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back