Education Level.

Sponsored Links
"My wife decided she didn't like our house and wants it renovated

No point renovating when its built on dodgy ground. The whole lot could collapse.

In the meantime all the internal walls will come down. There are 28 rooms, but the doors are removed, people can move between rooms as they like. Some rooms are really crowded. Eventually there will be only 1 room, the rules of the house will be imposed from a committee far away.

The thing is, the reverse could also be said.. and don't forget there has been years of negativity towards the EU running up to the election.. "Bureaucrats in Brussels wasting our hard earned taxes etc". EU laws stopping us deporting Captain Hook/terrorists etc..

Take your point the other way around.. Let say you joined my club and every year I sent you a membership fee, you don't really know why you are a member, are you gonna keep paying? You might, but it doesn't make much sense being a member of a club that you don't know provides any benefits.

Approach it from another angle, in business - the disrupters always win and the status quo withers and dies. Amazon, Apple, Netflix, IBM, Nokia, HP, Blockbuster. Some feel the EU is an outdated, expensive club that is inward looking and focused on protecting the status quo, while those outside are the disrupters.

Or even simpler - More of the same vs something else.

Referendums are not the best way to set out a strategy.

That might have been relevant if the biggest 2 reasons for the brexit vote were not immigration and the nhs

How do you know these were the biggest 2 reasons 52%ish percent of the UK population voted Brexit - nobody can say as we don't have any data. A bit like education age and vote cast.

Sponsored Links
So strip it down to the core point. How well informed were people when they made the decision. Lets assume the distribution of knowledge about the EU was equally spread amongst both camps.

So the vast majority had no idea what it meant being part of the EU. So a common sense approach would be, if I do not have enough information to make a decision its prudent to hold back from making a decision. There was no existential threat. So those who voted to leave and did not have much knowledge were lacking common sense and prudence.
So how bad did you suggest the situation became acting?...you another one of those loonies that would of listened to Hitler until about 1943

madness is contracting to tear down the old house, with an express limitation that she cannot even start to design the new one until the old one has been demolished. But that's article 50 for you.

Hmm. A bit of a tortured metaphor.

Lord kerr drafted the text for Article 50.
We have a little problem of a million UK citizens in the EU who would need to live somewhere before the house is torn down.

(y)

Good idea, the EU has already conceded that the border question is a political question and not a technical question.

Sponsored Links
Back