eggshell Dulux paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
Im new to all this (as will become apparent!).

Im after some matt paint to do some interior wood panelling, skirting boards etc... I know what colour paint I want (Jasmine White). A few questions:

- What's the 'mattest' type of paint - is it egg shell or vinyl matt?
- Is it cheaper buying Dulux paint from a Dulux store or from somewhere like B&Q? (Dulux quoted me £47 for 5l of vinyl matt paint).
- Someone told me that you can buy water-based and/or oil-based for doing woodwork. Is this right? I thought only oil-based paint did woodwork. Are there any benefits one has over the other?
- Ive done a bit of research, and F&B is too expensive and I dont want to get the cheapest brand, so Dulux seems a good halfway house. Is there a type of Dulux paint to get which is better? (ie Trade)

I thought that decorating was going to be a comparatively easy job, but after reading up on the internet it seems that there are so many conflicting views and there are so many options that Im overwhelmed by them all. I normally come back to this forum as its been a big help to me.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Buy Dulux Trade from A Dulux Decorator Centre. It is far superior to the Dulux DIY stuff. And they will deliver free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back