EGGSHELL ON WOODWORK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please tell me whether I'm right in thinking that eggshell was never supposed to be used for woodwork because someone wants me to use this finish on theirs. It won't last long will it? I've advised that other than gloss, satinwood is the next best option for them, but I'm afraid that they're adement that's what they want! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Please tell me whether I'm right in thinking that eggshell was never supposed to be used for woodwork because someone wants me to use this finish on theirs. :confused:

You are wrong.

The Judge :cool:

It's not very good with fingerprints though so don't use it on bannisters. It goes shiny if you do anyway.

Sponsored Links
I actually had a lot done last year, have decided I don't like it, it looks like undercoat.

I prefer satinwood.

I also used some last year.
Couldn't get the stuff to dry proper.

I actually had a lot done last year, have decided I don't like it, it looks like undercoat.

I prefer satinwood.

I agree with that. Crown Solo satin is best.

Eggshell has its place but i prefer satin as well, unusual for a client to be more clued up than the tradesman!

Eggshell is a lovely finish but if you get marks on it, they just go into the grain of the paint. It isnt very servicable. The next one up is really satinwood, which is very durable, has more of a shine but gives a nice finish.

dcdec. I guess if everyone was as knowledgable as you, we wouldn't need these forums at all would we! Sometimes I think you people use these places to act superior above the rest of us. And I never said I was a tradesman did I :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back