Ei2110 multisensor smoke alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am interested in buying 3 of these to replace my old brk670's which are only ionization, for maximum protection. I would just like some feedback on these and opinion on these,are they reliable? and if they are as good as the manufacturers give them credit for?. I know there is a lot of rubbish out there. The most common alarms I have seen around including new installs are either the ones I already have, Ionization, or the aico what looks like the ei141s I believe, I have seen some of the ei2110 installed but not many, hence my question on their reliability. Basically all I want and I hope most people also want is for an alarm that will go off as quickly as possible in worst case there is a fire whether its a fast burning fire or a smouldering fire.
thanks

Sponsored Links
I would just like some feedback on these and opinion on these,are they reliable? and if they are as good as the manufacturers give them credit for?. ....
Aico is probably the largest, and one of the most reputable of manufacturers of fire/smoke/heat alarms, so I think you can be reassured that they are likely to be as good and as reliable as anything else.

As far as I can make out, the Ei2110 has combined optical and heat sensors. I'm no expert, but I'm not sure that such would make them appreciably better than optical alone. Heat sensors are generally only used in kitchens - and the reason for that is to avoid the alarm going off as a result of 'normal cooking' (which happens with all smoke alarms - both ionisation and optical). However, combined optical and heat sensors obviously represent some degree of 'belt and braces', wherever installed, and certainly would be no worse than optical alone - so you might be reassured by having that dual function.

You might want to consider a 'just heat' detector in the kitchen, to avoid the 'false alarm' problem.

Kind Regards, John

Thanks, I will give them a go,Having dual sensors will make me sleep easier at night. Like I say I want a detector that alerts any type of fire, not just one or the other. I have seen a few vids, although american of ionizations and some opticals taking far to long to sound several minutes, the test rooms were already full of dangerous smoke at a that point its already too late. Just one more thing for anyone who has used the ei2110, I noticed that there is a mobile symbol, does this mean it can be programmed in a way so it phones you it gets triggered or low battery,ect?,such a function could be very handy especially if you are out or abroad.
thanks

Last edited:
Like I say I want a detector that alerts any type of fire, not just one or the other. I have seen a few vids, although american of ionizations and some opticals taking far to long to sound several minutes, the test rooms were already full of dangerous smoke at a that point its already too late.
Nothing is perfect. However, if a smoke detector (ionisation OR optical) cannot detect "a room full of dangerous smoke", I'm not at all sure that a heat detector (which is not sensitive to smoke at all) would necessarily help much.

As I said, I'm no authority on this subject but one doesn't hear much about heat detectors being 'better' - as I said, they are commonly installed in kitchens to avoid the cooking-related 'false alarms' which can occur with (ionisation OR optical) smoke alarms. They would obviously be better if one had a fire with lots of flames and heat, but little/no smoke, but I'm not sure how common they are. When a room is "full of smoke", I would have expected that a smoke detector would be the most likely to detect it!
Just one more thing for anyone who has used the ei2110, I noticed that there is a mobile symbol, does this mean it can be programmed in a way so it phones you it gets triggered or low battery,ect?,such a function could be very handy especially if you are out or abroad.
If you're talking about the Ei2110e ....
Ei2110e Instructions said:
6. AudioLINK - The Ei2110e is equiped with the AudioLINK feature. This allows for the download of information such as a record of any alarm incidents / battery status / chamber contamination levels from the Ei2110e using the AudioLINK smart phone app. For more information on this feature please visit www.eielectronics.com.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
The multi sensor are belt and braces really. They are more designed for open living and kitchen dinner rooms where a normal smoke detector would go off if you burn the toast.

The multi sensors work together and choose to activate the alarm so if a bit of smoke is detected but no rise in heat then the detector won’t activate.

If the level of smoke increases violently it would then activate the alarm but it has the delayed reaction.

And vise versa with the heat side of it

You need to install heat detectors in the kitchen.

If installing them into a rental property that has an open plan kitchen living room you cannot just fit a multi sensor you need to install a dedicated heat in the kitchen and then the multi in the living area to comply with the regs

The multi sensor are belt and braces really. They are more designed for open living and kitchen dinner rooms where a normal smoke detector would go off if you burn the toast. ... The multi sensors work together and choose to activate the alarm so if a bit of smoke is detected but no rise in heat then the detector won’t activate.
Indeed - and the OP (who wants the reassurance of 'belt and braces') might even be unhappy with that, because it is in some senses the antithesis of 'belt and braces' - in that the heat part may stop it going off in situations in which a smoke alarm would activate!

Kind Regards, John

thanks both for the feedback, i will go with ei2110's, I will also get buy an aico heat detector for the kitchen as well for compliance. God forbid there ever is a
fire hopefully these new detectors will wake the family up in time, Yes i have heard some horror stories.

thanks both for the feedback, i will go with ei2110's, I will also get buy an aico heat detector for the kitchen as well for compliance. God forbid there ever is a
fire hopefully these new detectors will wake the family up in time, Yes i have heard some horror stories.

I have Ei smoke detectors, rest assured, you would struggle to sleep through them :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back