Smoke detector problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Having trouble with niusance alarms from mains operated battery backup smoke detector. The detector is installed in a combined open plan kitchen/living room area, at the kitchen end of the room.
This apartment is in a four storey building.
The detector is mains operated interconnected with a second detector situated in the hall. They are both ionization detectors. If I replace the kitchen/living room detector with a mains HEAT detector, to reduce nuisance alarms, will this comply with any regulations.
Gary.

Sponsored Links
Sure, its quite usual to have a heat detector in the kitchen area with smoke in other areas.

Make sure the replacement heat alarm can interlink with the other alarm.

Thank's for the reply.
Sorry for the confusion, when i replace the smoke detector with a heat detector will this be acceptable on it's own,to cover the whole room, or will I have to also have a smoke detector in the lounge end of the room,or would that be going over the top.
Gary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back