Smoke Detectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently first fixing a new house that I am doing up to move into. I am planning to fit aico smoke detectors, as I normally fit in other rewires, however I am fitting a Texecom premier 24 & com2400 module. I would like the smoke detection system to be able to trigger the outputs on the alarm.

The original plan was to fit an aico relay base under one of the smokes & connect the alarm to that, but it got me thinking why not just do away with the mains smokes, fit an alarm expander & run telecom smoke & heat detectors back to that.

My question is would this then comply with building regulations or do the smoke detectors have to be directly mains powered?

Thanks

Adam

Sponsored Links
No, you must fit a proper interlinked smoke alarm system to coply with building regs.

Fit a relay to trigger the alarm by all means, but you can not rely on it as sole means of fire detection.

Thought that would be the case, just seamed a good idea.

What market are the exodus smoke & heat detectors designed for then. Surely they can't be used in a commercial environment either.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Alarm installers sell them to their punters as part of the alarm package. They are rubbish anyway. If it's your own home then 100% go with a proper aico system. I've got a relay base on mine but never actually got around to connecting it up to the alarm.

I put the relay base in a gewiss box in the loft so you don't end up with an unsightly base under one of your detectors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back