EICR QUESTION?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Edit - thinking about the time. They arrived 11am and were done by 12noon or 12.30pm at best.

Hi all
So I booked a company to do an EICR and I ask them how much it would be. They said it depends how many circuits need testing.
Two guys just came out, about 18 and 19.
They spent less than 45 mins. Horrible attitudes and turned off water while here.
Then said that's £250 and you will get report after its paid.
How do I know what they have done was done properly?
I mean I am happy to pay for it and the work. Just want to make sure this sounds about right ie time and not giving certification until paid?
Thanks all

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks. What should I say to them? They won't leave alone?

Edit - thinking about the time. They arrived 11am and were done by 12noon or 12.30pm at best.

If I pay for it and its fake numbers how would I know?
How would I know if its a made up EICR as feel very uncomfortable about it. They were so fast, one guy just wandered about the other spent the time at the CU the whole time.
I ask what did they discover and they just said to contact the owner and it will be on the report once I pay?

Carried out Electrical Installation Condition Report. Labour and Materials
£250.00

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If I pay for it and its fake numbers how would I know?
How would I know if its a made up EICR as feel very uncomfortable about it. They were so fast, one guy just wandered about the other spent the time at the CU the whole time.
I ask what did they discover and they just said to contact the owner and it will be on the report once I pay?
[\QUOTE]
Owner? That’s who should have commissioned and paid for the EICR.

PS Which competent person scheme did they belong to? NAPIT, NICEIC,??

Yes they said their manager/owner will put the certificate together and once I pay the £250 I will get the EICR.
I ask what they discovered and they said their boss will put it on the certificate.

One guy spent his time only at the CU and the other walked about turning off water and not doing much. He didn't have a machine to test anything. Just walked about.

Did they take off any light switches or socket fronts, ceiling roses, etc?

Not that I saw them do. No. He just went round and turned all sockets off

Guess if I paid for it and its obviously made up I can ask for a refund. But probably they will refuse.

Tell 'em to stuff their EICR, where the sun don't shine. By the sound of it, it will not be worth the paper it is written on. 18/19 certainly doesn't even sound qualified or experienced to do an EICR - ask them what scheme the belong to.

Tell 'em to stuff their EICR, where the sun don't shine. By the sound of it, it will not be worth the paper it is written on. 18/19 certainly doesn't even sound qualified or experienced to do an EICR - ask them what scheme the belong to.

Don't think they have to belong to a scheme to do a EICR do they?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back