Either flying ants or Termites

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I have (after some broad spectrum ID'ing) flying termites in the garden. They f*k off after about 11am only to return at sun rise the following morning.

Any ideas of how to get rid of them? I've tried a localised ground ant repellent and ant spray (when I thought they were ants durrr!)

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Almost certainly flying ants rather than termites unless you are in North Devon. They are the queens emerging to mate and start new colonies triggered by the hot weather. They will dissappear shortly.

no they are dune or june bugs or something apparently! So I got a man in, and basically I'm going to blowtorch the sh*t out of the whole place, and then lay down some off-the-net previously banned-in-the-uk pesticide. That'll kill em. And the cats, dogs, fish, and possibly the neighbours too :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back