EL Infinite - recover installer code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've moved into a house with the old EL Infinite system (i.e. not the newer Prime models). The previous owners have given us the Master Code but not the Installer Code.

I want to run diagnostics to see what modules are installed (e.g. if there is no GSM module then I intend to install one, perhaps also tinker with the Home Automation module if it's installed). Anything I do triggers off the alarm so I don't want to do anything until I can somehow recover the Installer Code.

No reply from Electronics Line. These are 4 digit codes so 10,000 combinations ... I don't even want to think about going down that route. I suspect it locks you out after x number of incorrect attempts anyway.

Any ideas / recommendations?

Sponsored Links
EL are done via Risco, you need to be an installer for them to talk you through the process I believe unfortunately although its sold as a diy style alarm.

My personal opinion is to change it for something better, have you tried the default engineer codes in the installation manual?

Thanks @secureiam. I did indeed try the default codes as I have the original manuals. They didn't work o_O.

This thought of replacing my unit did cross my mind. I assumed it's wired into the mains and so impossible to replace easily. But if it's entirely battery powered then I'm tempted to put some ear defenders on, unscrew it off the wall and smash it to pieces and disconnect the battery pack (smashing is for personal satisfaction and entirely optional of course :sneaky:).

If the default procedure isn't in the manual you will need to call Risco as an installer I suspect, but the default procedure is long winded, you would need a pen and paper to write it down.

Sponsored Links
The default procedure in the manual requires me to go into the programming menu which in turn requires .... the installer code :cry:

So what about just uninstalling the whole thing. What if I just cut the power to the house, unscrew the panel and disconnect the mains and backup battery. I've attached a scan from the manual, once the panel is off would it simply be a case of disconnecting 15 ("AC power terminal block") and 20 ("backup battery connector")?

Attachments

• Scan0032.jpg
    Scan0032.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 436
I phoned the last time I needed to do one, the default procedure was involved.

the alarm functioning? you can completely down power it, depends on how its been programmed as to how it will behave.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back