Electric Boiler with an unvented system... Expansion Vessel!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Aztec electric boiler, and a Ariston sti125 indirect unvented cylinder...

The problem I have is with installing the expansion vessel/s...

From the Ariston Cylinder installation guide, the expansion vessel goes after the combi valve on the cold coming in. This is fine I think. But then the Aztec Boiler guide shows an expansion vessel on the return to the boiler.

DO I need to install two expansion vessels?

Sponsored Links
The unvented cylinder should be installed by a competent and qualified unvented engineer who will know exactly how to do it.

Being fully qualified in the unvented systems myslef, I do not have a problem with the installation of the cylinder side of things. The question I am asking is about the Electric boiler. It is my first time of installing one, and feel it may need one as a saftey device, as it is a sealed system which has no blow off like with other boiler systems...

Sponsored Links
Yes the boiler must have an expansion vessel, pressure gauge, safety valve etc etc and comply with the relevant regulations

It's partially explained in the manual but you should be competent in sealed systems.

There is however one safety issue in the manual....it shows isolating valves on the boiler but the safety valve fitted fitted to the system side....a major safety flaw....safety should come straight off the flow before the valve.

sealed and unvented systems should be left to pros - there are serious safety implications.

Yea yea ok... I can plumb all day long, but have great problems with communication, lol...

My sincere apologies. But hope you get what I mean now...

Thankyou 'gasguru'. Answers my question fully, and thanks for the tip with the valve. Can see what u mean...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back