Electric cables and flat roof insulation‎

I have had a look into this and I think can use Celotex 80mm insulation board.
Will that provide the U-value you need for compliance?

I will have to look into this a bit futher but I am lead to beleive that this will create a warm roof and will eliminate condensation problems.
You'll need a vapour control layer, e.g. foil-faced Celotex, foil-backed plasterboard.

No it will not provide the required U-value but I wont loose any sleep over this because its not like the house will burn down. I will also use 25mm Celotex (foil faced) under the plasterboard.

Sponsored Links
No it will not provide the required U-value but I wont loose any sleep over this because its not like the house
Nor will you have the required Building Regulations approval.

Assuming this was true:
I will getting the work checked and certified.
you might like to reconsider your contravention of Part L.

If it wasn't true then I advise no more lies if you ever come to sell the property - fraud carries severe penalties.

No it will not provide the required U-value but I wont loose any sleep over this because its not like the house
Nor will you have the required Building Regulations approval.

Assuming this was true:
I will getting the work checked and certified.
you might like to reconsider your contravention of Part L.

If it wasn't true then I advise no more lies if you ever come to sell the property - fraud carries severe penalties.

BAS, stop preaching one thing then doing another yourself..
if it's fine for you to not nitify and face the hurdle of non-compliance with building regs when you sell your house, then why is it not fine for him to do the same?

So was that by applying for Building Regulations approval in advance and submitting a PIR to Building Control because that's how they worked and what they asked for? I'm hoping that you're just being inaccurate with your terminology, because you would not legitimately have got an Electrical Installation Certificate, either from the electrician or the council.

as the OP got a sparky to install a new CU, then it would be an EIC not a PIR as the entire installation would need to be tested fully.
as for a legitimate EIC, anybody can issue a legitimate EIC as long as they do the testing properly, even someone not qualified..
it's a building regulations compliance certificate you're thinking of.

Sponsored Links
BAS, stop preaching one thing then doing another yourself..
I'm preaching nothing that I'm not doing myself. My position is be truthful about your position on notification. As I've said countless times, I don't care whether, in a non-professional capacity, people don't notify.

When I was asked, I immediately and unequivocally said "no".

I've also said many times that any such decision should be a fully informed one, and it's not at all clear if the OP really understands the notification/certification process. But I'm not asking him any more times.

if it's fine for you to not nitify and face the hurdle of non-compliance with building regs when you sell your house, then why is it not fine for him to do the same?
It's just as fine for him (with the exception of proof of compliance with P1) as it is me.

And again my constant position is, "If you don't notify, 'fess up if asked during a sale, because lying makes the sale a fraudulent transaction."

as the OP got a sparky to install a new CU, then it would be an EIC not a PIR as the entire installation would need to be tested fully.
Installation-wise, the EIC would only cover the CU. Testing the existing installation does not prove compliance with BS 7671. There are loads of regulations where you can have no idea if the existing installation complies or not - you can't possibly sign an EIC which says you were responsible for the design & construction of anything but the CU.

as for a legitimate EIC, anybody can issue a legitimate EIC as long as they do the testing properly, even someone not qualified..
True, but it is clear that the OP is not competent to do so. He might have 1 valid signature on a full EIC, he won't have the full set of 3.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back