Electric Cabling for shower unit - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:(
Hi - Turned off the power feed switch (situated in cupboard next to bathroom) 45AX 250v ac.only DOUBLEPOLE - XM 17039-2
The next day I turned the switch back on and the warning light blew throwing its mains unit switch to off.
Checking the cable from the mains unit to the cupboard I get a resistence reading between the earth and the neutral BUT none between the earth and live or the neutral and live. Is this normal or does it indicate that I have a short between the earth and neutral cable - the mains fuse is in the off position
regards
:oops:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You'll get a reading between neutral and earth as they are connected together back at the supply transformer.

But he will only see the connection at the transformer when the MAIN SWITCH in the consumer unit is ON.

I am kind of hoping that he is doing a resistance test with all of the supply turned off. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back