ELECTRIC CERTIFICATE???????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One year and a half ago I had one of this NICEIC 6 pages certificate. We have refurbished the bathroom and asked for a new one and the electrician told me that he can’t issue this certificated because the fuse is only 16 amp and should be 32 amp. And he needs to change almost all the wiring cables on the house.

I have to said that the electric job on the bathroom was bonding, spot lights and underfloor heating. He said the not problem to issue the certificated for the elctric job on the bathroom , but he can't issue the other one.

Could some one give a most easy explanation if that must be done or there are other ways in order to get this certificated

Sponsored Links
How about YOU give a clear explanation of all the above. Then we might be able to tell you if this guy's for real.

why do you need a complete certificate..

if all he did was the bathroom then that's all he'll give a cert for .. a minor works certificate or an electrical installation certificate limited to the scope of the new install dependant on what he did..

without further information frm yourself and clarification of what your other posts mean then we can't really offer explanations as to what or why should be changed to 32Amp..

Sponsored Links
What are the main reason to replace thefuse box from 16 to 32 amp?

Could an increase in the load by under floor heating be reason.

One year and a half ago I had one of this NICEIC 6 pages certificate. We have refurbished the bathroom and asked for a new one and the electrician told me that he can’t issue this certificated because the fuse is only 16 amp and should be 32 amp. And he needs to change almost all the wiring cables on the house.

The original Cert - was that issued after some work (EIC)or just an inspection & test(PIR)?

Have you installed electrics or is the electrician doing it?

The under floor heating needs to on a cct protected by an RCD this may mean installation of new wiring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back