Issuing a part P certificate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody,

Could some please answer a quick question.
I have just had had a new bathroom built. The electrician who has completed the electrical work has told me that he has sent the part p certificate to my local building control dept so they can isuue a building completion certificate.
I have not received a copy of this part p certificate and the electrician does not seem bothered about issuing one to me, is it normal for just a copy to go to building control, or is it important I receive a copy.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
I normally issue both the client and building cons with the certificate and schedules, plus keep a copy for myself.
It is important that you have one as these, as information on those documents comes in handy, not only to you but to any other electrician that may do work in the future on your system.
The building controls certificate can take awhile to come through.

on average it takes about 2 weeks from when i notify for the cert to come from BC some take a bit longer.
we don't send anything to BC just an online notification to our CPS provider (napit in our case)

Hi everybody,

Could some please answer a quick question.
I have just had had a new bathroom built. The electrician who has completed the electrical work has told me that he has sent the part p certificate to my local building control dept so they can isuue a building completion certificate.
I have not received a copy of this part p certificate and the electrician does not seem bothered about issuing one to me, is it normal for just a copy to go to building control, or is it important I receive a copy.

Many Thanks
In addition you should have received from the electrician, an Electrical Installation Certificate, containing a shedule of inspections and test results.
If the electrician is with a registered scheme then he informs them and they inform your LABC before issuing a completion certificate.
There is no such thing as a Part P certificate by the way.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back