Electric Cooker Not Working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the cooker specified in the image. It has a plug inserted in socket and the cooker cable connected at the back.

The electric hobs work fine but the oven doesn’t. There is no sound, heat or light.

I checked the power supply and there is current coming to the cable connected to the back of the cooker.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• iOS Image - 2626923242.jpg
    iOS Image - 2626923242.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 247
Sponsored Links
Faulty element? I would have the installation checked by an electrician as it appears to be installed incorrectly from your description & picture.

Last edited:
Thanks for responding. What do you suspect may be wrong in the installation? It's been working for over a year.
I have changed an oven element in other Ovens in the past but the fan has always been working along with the light, etc. I don't see a fan in this oven and also, does it have multiple elements as the oven can heat from multiple sides based on user selection?

Thanks for your help.

A cooker rated as high as yours should not be plugged into a 13A socket, which is what you seem to be describing. I'm not a mind reader so cannot tell you how your oven is constructed, perhaps a make & model might help.

Sponsored Links
For clarity, it's plugged in and wired in through the thick cooker cable. I assumed the 13A socket might be for light/ignition, etc.? Isn't it normal to have a plug for these type of purposes and then the cooker cable for the rest?

It's a currys CFSEwh12 cooker. Further details are in the image attached to the original post.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry I never noticed the make & model in your pic. just the rating. It appears that they have a dual grill/oven element & a base element. I am now thinking that your cooker is connected to a proper cooker switch with a built in socket into which you have something else connected which is not relevant to the cooker. All the cooker functions will be supplied by the heavy cooker cable, you have no ignition on an electric cooker. How did you check the supply was ok as you really need to be using a multi meter or similar to progress any further.

have a close look at the front contacts of the selector switch, you may find they are damaged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back