Electric Fire Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Been racking my brain trying to figure out how this fireplace is removed? I thought it would be on hooks and lift off the hooks but cannot get it to budge.

It's a Blues Carlisle model. Appears to have been quite common and available from B&Q at some point. I have unscrewed the screw that simply prevent it tilting forward, which were hidden behind wallpaper, thought I had cracked it but not to be!

Any help appreciated, perhaps it is on hooks but I need to find more strength?!

Attachments

• IMG_20200503_114650.jpg
    IMG_20200503_114650.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 266
Sponsored Links
Think your autocorrect is screwing you around!

Can't find the instructions but it weighs 32 kgs so it's a fair weight so if it's on hooks you will have to give it some Welly

Have you removed the pebbles, shelf and black backing bit to see if there are any screws hiding there?

Hello all many thanks for your replies so far. I also tried to find instructions online to no avail. Yes all ornaments and stones are off but no obvious way to remove the shelf, we tried taking screws out from underneath that lip on the shelf area to no avail...it did nothing taking them out! 32kg is very heavy, perhaps I need to admit defeat as a man and just get someone to do it.

It's just made from wood/MDF but I have considered taking the heater out and going at it with a hammer and chisel. Probably could sell it if kept whole but we just want it off the wall now.

Sponsored Links
If it were me, having exhausted all possible screws, I would place a clean flat piece of wood underneath one end to protect the carpet, and put the end of a crowbar underneath the end of the heater (where damage won't be visible), and see it there was any up down movement of the fire against the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back