Electric gate issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an electric gate which has Nice remote controls to open/close it. There's been a few issues recently with the item (circled in red) CONSTANTLY draining batteries. Every 1-2 days the batteries need replacing.

IMG_20220114_163110.jpg

The gate itself is mains powered, however the receiver (in red) is wired in but also has batteries which it requires to function.

I bought a brand new item (called BAND-T - 1st Generation Radioband Safety Transmitter) which is a RadiobandTbx receiver.

I was hoping it would work out of the box but it doesn't. Holding down the programming button (circled in red) does nothing. Apparently there should be a loud beep to enter programming mode.

IMG_20220114_140752.jpg

Are there any gate experts here that know about this kind of thing? I would call a company in but it's so difficult to get any of them to come round and I was hoping to fix this issue myself.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it were me I would be tempted to tap power for it from the drive box below, assuming that has mains power, to save on replacing batteries.
Anyway. If it rapidly drains the batteries and the program button does nothing then I would assume it's faulty.
How do you know the batteries need replacing if the unit isn't working anyway?

How do you know the batteries need replacing if the unit isn't working anyway?

The original unit which I removed today was working fine (ish) but just kept draining batteries

When we spoke to a gate person they said it's likely just a bit erroded and needs replacing

So I bought the exact same item and installed today.

Just need to configure it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back