electric hand wash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone please point me in the direction of where to buy an electic hand wash with an extended swivel tap of a distance of 400mm. I need to fit one to a kitchen with no hot water to feed two sinks. The sinks can be moved slightly to accomadate a suitable product. Many thanks to anyone who takes the trouble to reply.

Sponsored Links
heatrae sadia or redring both do over sink hot water boilers with variable thermostat for handwashing etc. Failing that get a mains pressure below sink heater and put a normal tap on it.

be weary of the throughput. I fitted two 3 kW Redring (13A) units some years ago in two outside toilets. The water flow was just a very fine spray and absolutely pathetic even for hand washing. If you wanted to fill one sink (let alone two) I seriously think it would take half an hour.

It depends how much water you want and how long you want to run it for really. Check the manufacturers specification. This is the sort of thing I'm referring to.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Water_Heating_Index/Instantaneous_Water_Heaters_1/

be weary of the throughput. I fitted two 3 kW Redring (13A) units some years ago in two outside toilets. The water flow was just a very fine spray and absolutely pathetic even for hand washing. If you wanted to fill one sink (let alone two) I seriously think it would take half an hour.

It depends how much water you want and how long you want to run it for really. Check the manufacturers specification. This is the sort of thing I'm referring to.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Water_Heating_Index/Instantaneous_Water_Heaters_1/[/QUOTE]

I know the ones you are on about the fine spray they give off is next to useless, i was trying to steer the op towards the 5ltr above / under sink ones with the large swan neck spouts, rather than them piddly ones. . . A bit more money to splash out on but worth the extra ( pardon the pun ).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back