Electric oven and hob question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had the kitchen finished and the Mrs doesn't like the gas oven, she is scared of gas but I persuaded her because I prefer a gas oven, she won't use it so I will have to get an electric oven.

When we had the wiring done I told the sparky we were having just an electric hob fitted, he installed a new consumer unit, the cooker runs off its own circuit with a 32A MCB. Could an oven be connected to this as well as the hob?

Sponsored Links
You may be able to install your cooker using a 13A plug, depending what size it is. In which case you should be able to leave your hob as it is.

You prefer an gas oven, but an electric hob?

That is so AAF that this topic must be a wind-up.....

Sponsored Links
Not sure on Ban's abbreviation there but the usual preference is gas hob and electric (fan assisted) oven.The combination you had seems a tad extraordinary!
As posted above though most single electric ovens can indeed be plugged into standard BS1363 sockets.You perhaps need to be aware of the loading on the existing socket circuit though if it supplies all the equipment in the kitchen (microwave, toaster, kettle, wash m/c, dishwasher etc etc) you may experience overload instances.

[quote="simon_m";p="783699 Whats AAF mean?[/quote]

**** about face :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back