electric oven final connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning All
I am currently planning for our new kitchen which is to have two oven units, 1 rated @ 2.99kw and a micro/combi @ 3.35kw.
An electrician has advised to have 2 separate 16 Amp supplies and appropriate isolators, my question is can heat resistant flex be used from terminal box to the oven instead of cable?

I work in the central heating industry and boilers req heat resistant flex tor their final connection hence my question.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your answer, but what is meant by the reference to Cjr and you tube?

Ok I just saw an electrican connecting a hob up in a new kitchen using twin and earth on YouTube.com

Didn’t seam very professional.

Sponsored Links
Heat resistant flex would be perfect providing it's the right cable size. The most important thing is the cable size. Connecting cookers up in twin and earth is fine. If you need to use 6mm I don't even think they do 6mm flex and if they do it won't be cheap. So long as you use 2.5 flex you'll be fine. I can see why the electrician thinks two supplies would be better but even putting it on one 6mm supply with a cooker switch would be fine. Both ovens will have an on/off switch on them as well as turning them off on the cooker switch on the wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back