Two 2.99kw ovens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just pondering the new electrics for a new kitchen. Will get a Part P electrician in anyway but I like to be informed.

There will be a 7.4kw induction hob which will have a 6mm dedicated feed. There will also be two Neff 2.99kw ovens. It says they can be plugged in or hard wired. My question is will it be ok to have two ovens 'plugged' into the ring main? I can't see it being a problem load wise. I've heard plugs might not be great at that rating as they will generate heat so some other sort of connection might be better? I'm thinking cost wise that not having to get the electrician to run in another separate feed for the ovens will be good for the budget...

https://markselectrical.co.uk/B3ACE...Hr2oFjmn7YSdrYmwGniLfT79KB98TX0AaAnAGEALw_wcB

Thanks,

Paul.

Sponsored Links
Put one on the same feed as your induction job. Plug the other in to the ring. Just one way of doing it.

You could probably put both on your hob feed with diversity.

Last edited:
Thanks both!

So the 6mm would be fine for all three appliances on at once e.g. Christmas?

Sponsored Links
All cooking appliances cycle on and off via their thermostats. You may have them all on but they won’t all be drawing power at once for any length of time if at all.

All cooking appliances cycle on and off via their thermostats. You may have them all on but they won’t all be drawing power at once for any length of time if at all.

They will, in the highly likely event of turning them both on at the same time.

Nozzle

They will, in the highly likely event of turning them both on at the same time.

Nozzle
but they won’t all be drawing power at once for any length of time

All three appliances could be drawing full power at the same time for several minutes and the the MCB may trip out

There will be a 7.4kw induction hob which will have a 6mm dedicated feed.

If that cable is not yet installed then consider running in 2 cables and two MCBs and thus having separate feeds to each oven.

All three appliances could be drawing full power at the same time for several minutes and the the MCB may trip out

If that cable is not yet installed then consider running in 2 cables and two MCBs and thus having separate feeds to each oven.

There is an existing 6mm feed which will be repurposed to the induction hob.

Unfortunately, the two 2.99kw ovens are on the opposite wall so getting a dedicated feed to them from the CU will be a little painful.... hence me wondering if there is an issue with them both being on the downstairs ring main.

No pain, no gain.

If you think you are likely to switch both ovens on together on Christmas day, along with the dishwasher and kettle what do you think will happen to your ring MCB?

Last edited:
I've only ever had two overloads on cooker circuits and they were both in the month of December.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back