Electric oven steaming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 9 year old delonghi freestanding electric double oven with hob on top. Within the last few months it has started to leave condensation on the work top to both sides and wall behind when the bottom oven is in use. It is worst when cooking oven chips but happens to some degree when cooking anything (although not if the oven is turned on but left empty). The room also gets very slightly smoky too. We have cleaned out all visible vents to no avail. The problem is bad enough that we will replace the cooker if it is not fixable but is it as simple as a faulty seal? Any suggestions to the cause would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Could there be moisture from somewhere getting under the cooker and evaporating off when the oven is on? I don't think the fault is with the cooker so I would not think about buying a new one at this stage.

We had thought that the moisture must be external but you can run the oven empty, at any temperature, and it does not occur.

Thanks for the thought though :)

Proberley the door hinges are worn so the door isn't quite sealing the wall at the back will just be from the oven vent I would think so that would be normal.

Sponsored Links
The door seems to seal fine. It holds a piece of paper tightly in it but maybe there is a better way to test it? The condensation at the back is coming from the vent but the level has increased significantly from what has been normal over the past 9 or so years?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back