Electric Power Generation

and we should not be concerning ourselves about future generations

So you don't give a damn then about the world you leave behind for your children with your scorched earth policy.

We should not reduce our wealth for the sake of future generations. They willl have their own priorities, which will almost certainy differ from ours.
Forty years ago, who forsaw the rise of the personal computer? Things change rapidly, and we do not know what those changes will be.

Sponsored Links
and we should not be concerning ourselves about future generations

So you don't give a damn then about the world you leave behind for your children with your scorched earth policy.

We should not reduce our wealth for the sake of future generations. They willl have their own priorities, which will almost certainy differ from ours.
Forty years ago, who forsaw the rise of the personal computer? Things change rapidly, and we do not know what those changes will be.

Your wealth will reduce whether you like it or not. Its out of your control now as natural resources are rapidly depleting..

The proof is all around you to see for yourself. Just open your eyes

Yes the universe. Thats the proof God exists.

Tell me how it was created if not by God?

The Universe existing proves nothing other than the Universe exists.
Now stop being silly Norcon.

If you want to believe in corrupted stories then that is your prerogative, but please don't try to prove your beliefs with silly inane comments.
Your belief is always question by who created God then? The answer is usually 'No one God always existed'. That answer can also be used for the Universe although science suggests that it didn't always exist and there are may scientific tests which supports that view. Your God does not survive such scrutiny.

If you believe that then how did it come into existence?

Sponsored Links

If you believe that then how did it come into existence?

The same question applies to your God, but at least the scientific belief's are supported by very critical sustained testing .

Your God does not survive such scrutiny.

What makes you think you have the intelligence to scrutinise Gods work?
Typical mans arrogance.
Remember ,God made you only slightly more intelligent than the animals.

Your God does not survive such scrutiny.

What makes you think you have the intelligence to scrutinise Gods work?
Typical mans arrogance.
Remember ,God made you only slightly more intelligent than the animals.

I do not consider there is such a thing as God's Work so I do not need to scrutinise it.
You appear to consider you have the intelligence to question some of the greatest minds the world has ever seen, and these people DO EXIST we can talk to them, unlike your God.

Making me slightly more intelligent than the animals is true, but in your case your God seems to have failed in his intentions,

This thread has now lost it's original question which was answered by someone intelligent.
So I am signing out as Norcon's tedious replies are boring me.

Most of the greatest minds who dispel God and make claims about Gods non existence cannot explain the existence of the universe. Nuff said.

Einstein said
: "I want to know how God created this world, I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, the rest are details."

Clever chap was Einstein.
He had his mind opened to the extra dimension.

The answer to our energy needs is too use less and put the populating tool away.

Only an idiot would want a perpetually creating energy source anyway.

Its only September and I'll bet most of you have your heating on. :rolleyes:

We're pretty lucky down in this neck of the woods as it's quite mild but my mate in Scotland has had his heating on already while I'm still mucking about in shorts ant a "T" shirt.. :LOL: :LOL:

Whilst I agree that we must not ruin the earth for future generations I fully believe that there will not be many generations before some mad scientist blows the lot to kingdomcome

In the name of Allah!!

I have a serious question regarding the provision of Electrical Power supply in response to demand variation.
The Grid was in days gone by to some extent self regulating, all machines being synchronised onto the National grid, As power demand went up all of the synchronised generators effectively slowed down and the station governor responded to restore the grid frequency. Similarly as demand reduced, power generation reduced. Decisions to remove generators from the grid or reintroduce generators to the grid were made by the National Grid controllers so that efficient generation was accomplished.
There were base stations, usually the Nuclear stations or the large Coal Fired Stations, which supplied the power to the grid which were never shut down (providing they were available) and other stations designated to supply the demand swings.
At least that was my understanding in my University days (I did study under Faraday though).
SO my question is this. Now we have vast quantities of Wind Turbines blighting our sceptered Isle, it seems to me that these monstrosities should be considered as part of the Base load providers, because the power driver is effectively free, and let the demand swings be taken by the fossil fuelled stations. I see Wind Turbines constantly being switched off during weather conditions conducive to them functioning but I am informed that they are switched off due to low energy demand.
Would it not be more sensible to reduce the power generated by the 'Swing Stations' rather than the the Wind Turbines.
I realise that Fossil fuel Stations run less efficiently when on reduced generation, but never the less, fossil fuel burning would be reduced.
It seems to me that the WInd Turbines should generate when ever they are available and not used for Demand swings.
Clearly I am misunderstanding the control of power supply and demand swings, but I am at loss to know what my misunderstanding is.
Can anyone with knowledge of the power demand control educate me.

There was a program on the radio about this a few years ago; if the normal rate is say 10p per unit and they have to use power from a swing station or two the rate then increases to say 50p per unit which is based on the most expensive provider but they all then get the same rate while the more expensive providers are on line, also it was common practice for them to turn the power off to a high energy user and compensate the company for doing so.

Sponsored Links
Back