Electric roller door catching/scratched paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just resprayed my garage door from the brown it previously was to anthracite grey to match my front door.

Issue I'm having is my garage door is catching somewhere at the front and it's scratching the paint off. Will respray it again but need to sort that problem first. Any ideas???

IAsKTR4.jpg

BTLHpeb.jpg

Sponsored Links
Can't tell from your pics but would guess the weather seal is just rubbing the paint off because it has not had long enough to harden.

Can't tell from your pics but would guess the weather seal is just rubbing the paint off because it has not had long enough to harden.
You mean the rubber strip at the bottom? Thing is it was doing this before to the manufacturer original paint. I did however replaceone of the autolock straps that hold the garage door to the motor barrel, so I was hoping it would be that, hence why I resprayed

No I meant a rubber seal attached to the frame at the top of the door ( if you have one ). How old is the door most curtains have a 10 year warranty.

Sponsored Links
This is what it looks like at the top , ignore the rest of photo that's where I was doing repairs.

The door is probably about 10 years old now.

N45wFlP.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back