Electric Shower Airlock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My electric shower hasn't been used for quite some time and now it's airlocked. How do I cure this?

Sponsored Links
What's the make and model?

How do you know that it's airlocked?

if its 'ELECTRIC' does that mean it runs on cold mains water? Never get an air lock on mains where I live... it could be that the flow valve is stuck... WHAT MODEL/MAKE OF SHOWER?

Don`t get airlocks here either :confused: on mains-- Posted Weds..............gone on holiday probably :LOL:

Sponsored Links
could run off a tank have seen it before on a council house a bit stupid though but thats cornwall for you

sorry about the delay in replying it another house i'm renovating and have up to my neck in it! yes it does seem like a stuck flow valve,..it has'nt been used for at least three years! any its a mira sport but its about ten years old and probably not worth fixing probabably can't even get the parts now. ithought it was air locked because when i first switched it on the other night it gurgled, spluttered,let a huge sneeze and then nothing but a small dribble!. i drained the system and when i turned the mains on again it did the coughing and spluttering for a couple of seconds again followed by a tiny dribble. as i say probably too long new! cheers Brian

bgwells said:
its a mira sport but its about ten years old and probably not worth fixing probabably can't even get the parts now.
You can still get parts for the Mira Sport.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back