Electric Shower and isolation switch Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

This is my first post and I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a problem I'm having with my electric shower. The Shower was installed before I moved into my house but has been working fine for the past six months.

Last week a fault seemed to develop where the isolation switch could be switched on ok but as soon as the shower itself was switched on the neon light on the isolation switch went out and the shower did not work. (However the isolation switch still said "on")

I thought this was due to a fault in the isolation switch so changed it however the same thing is still happening. Would I be correct in guessing the shower itself is where the fault lies and does anybody know any easy ways to check / fix faults in the shower or am I going to have to buy and fit a new one.

Thanks for any Help

Sponsored Links
The fuse and box look ok. Also as the neon light still switches on and off I take it the fuse box is still supplying a current.

it will but if you have a bad connection (loose) when you switch shower on and it draws a big power load a loose connection will loose power.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back