Electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

When i pull the isolator switch on the ceiling the red power light comes on.

However, when i then turn the shower on, nothing happens and the red power light on the isolator goes off.

When i turn the shower switch to off the red power light then comes back on.

Anybody got any ideas please?

The shower is a Triton Seville

Sponsored Links
Loose neutral somewhere by the sounds of it.

Check consumer unit, switch and showerl

As said you have a bad connection more likely the pullcord check the pullcord for burnt damaged/loose connections.

Thankyou for your replies.

I have looked in the shower and the isolator and all seems tight and in good condition.

I am not going anywhere near the consumer unit, though there is no reason anything should be wrong with this as nobody goes into the cupboard where it is. I have checked the trip and it is working perfectly

Do you think it worth changing the pull cord before calling in reinforcements?

Sponsored Links
I am not going anywhere near the consumer unit, though there is no reason anything should be wrong with this as nobody goes into the cupboard where it is.

Don't need to go near it to cause a bad or loose connection.

Do you think it worth changing the pull cord before calling in reinforcements?

Yes worth changing pullcord it's useally the pullcord that fails.

Check it with a multi meter when it fails, if you have 230v supply and low or no reading on the load the pullcords failed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back