electric shower not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have an electric shower that has been working fine for the last 3yrs, until it suddenly stopped working.The shower is 8.5kw and has cable size of 6mm. When you switch the power on from the switch, the red light comes on at the shower unit, but when you turn the shower on nothing happens except the red light goes out and there seems to be power coming back down the neutral line - I have changed the switch, as there seemed to be a bit of burning on the switch from the main supply, but this hasn't helped. Do I need to re-wire the whole thing again !

Sponsored Links
I fail to see how this is a 'DIY Disaster'. I think you should post this in the "Electrics UK" forum....

similar thing with my shower - in not a diy but we found out that the cooker and the shower were on same circuit thingy . both are very powerful and souldht be on the same one.

both cooker and shower had gone

bought new gas cooker

thre out the old electric one and started with a new shower - the inside had burnt out but even with new shower didnt work electrician said it was a circuit fault but new fuse didnt help

we now have new shower that doesnt work
new gas cooker
disused socket in the kithcen that doent seem to be live at all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back