Electric shower isolation switch issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I would be grateful for any help with this issue:

I have an aqualisa electric quartz 9.5 shower unit.
This unit is only used very infrequently, and when going to test it recently, the blue light won't even come on, and nothing happens in the unit at all.
However I have just noticed that the red LED light strip on the isolation switch just outside the bathroom only now only illuminates the left hand side when looking at it - the right hand side remains dark. This never used to be the case - does this indicate a fault with the isolation switch at all, or is not an issue in itself?

If the switch isn't the issue, looks like I might need a new electric shower unfortunately!

Any help with this would be much appreciated, thank you very much

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I would suspect a loose or burnt - because loose - wire in the switch.

What does "only illuminates I" mean?

Sorry, phone auto added that for some reason.
Have edited now, hope it makes more sense.

Thanks for your reply - so a half-working light strip would indicate that the corresponding side of the switch may not be functional?

Thank you again.

Sponsored Links
That's just a neon - won't be as linearly illuminated as an led.

Without looking inside you won't know. But don't do that without turning of the main switch at your consumer unit.

Ah ok, I had it open and couldn't see anything obviously wrong - but wasn't entirely sure what to look out for if anyone has any advice.

May well just be a shower unit issue sadly

Thanks, I'll give it another check later to look for any of those signs.

Do you have a multimeter, you can't always tell if a switch is faulty ,just by looking at it ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back