Electric shower not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an electric shower which isnt working. I have checked power to the shower and all power to it is fine. Any solutions to what might be wrong with it.

Sponsored Links
A make and model would be a good start along with a fuller description of what is or isn't happening

How have you checked that power is fine ? Have you measured the voltage line to neutral at the showers main terminal block ?

Just bin it and get a new one installed. And don't blame the messenger... We don't make em we just fit em. :sick:

Sponsored Links
The shower is a MX Options Solo QI. I have checked the power inside the shower with a tester and there is power going to it. When i turn the knob on the shower nothing happens ie no water comes out.

OK - NO NEED TO SHOUT!

Have you measured the voltage between line & neutral and between line & earth

You need to check the voltage with a multi meter or similar as losing the neutral rather than the live is a common fault & will not show up using a neon tester or similar.

Possibly a failed solenoid, if fitted. Measure the resistance across it, should be in the region of 3.14. Assuming you have approx 230-240vac on line and neutral.

Attached is a screenshot from the options solo manual, also unit is under warranty for x2 years.

Attachments

• 1340CE2F-9D6D-4BB2-AF59-E64DCCFD1F54.png
    1340CE2F-9D6D-4BB2-AF59-E64DCCFD1F54.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back